Sometimes, when you’re texting multiple people at once, you may send the wrong message to a wrong person. Or maybe you notice a typing error after sending the message. However, such a mistake isn’t a big deal, unless you sent the wrong message to your boss that may cause trouble or embarrassment for you.
That’s why most people might think that there must be an unsending or editing message feature on phone. No worries, iPhone has introduced a major operating system update which is known as iOS 16 beta. This update will let you enjoy several new features of Apple’s Messages app, such as editing and unsending texts in iMessage.
So, if you want to learn more about editing and unsending message on iPhone or iPad, then you’re at the right place! This article explains the working of these new texting features along with how to install iOS 16 on your iPhone or iPad. So, if you like to explore more about the iOS 16 beta update, then let’s dig into this article:
What is iOS 16 update?
iOS developer has introduced a third version of its software that is iOS 16 beta from iPhone 8 to the newer versions. It offers a variety of new features to its existing apps and even added new features that aren’t present in previous betas, including:
- Apple Pay after iOS 16 beta update can support third-party browsers such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Mozilla Firefox for paying via in-browser.
- It offers new Memoji customization features to your iOS.
- Offer new lock screen features such as customizing the clock font, font color, wallpapers, adding widgets, and relocating photos.
- This update allows you to create a new lock screen bound to your Focus modes, like work and play.
- iMessage app will let you edit/delete messages.
- The SharePlay feature is also available in Messages. So, you can easily work with documents, spreadsheets, and much more, directly from the messaging app.
- The iCloud photo library will allow you to share pictures effortlessly in a separate iCloud library.
- The family sharing option is also updated and now allows parents to set up children’s devices quickly and easily.
Moreover, if you want to know more about these updates in detail, then check out the tomsguide.com website regarding the iOS 16 beta update.
How to install the iOS 16 update?
The most convenient and free method to install the iOS 16 beta update on the iPhone or iPad is as follows:
- First and the most important thing is that you’ve to get the iOS 16 beta profile free download link. For your convenience, here are the links for you:
- Launch Safari on your iPhone or iPad and paste these links into the search box for completing the iOS 16 beta profile download.
- After downloading it, the “Settings” option will pop up on the screen. Tap on “Allow” to configure the profile.
- In the next step navigate the “General” in the settings, Then, scroll through the options and select “Software Update”.
- Now tap the “Download or Install” option. You’ve to enter the passcode of your iPhone before completing the download of the iOS 16 beta update.
How to edit the message in iOS 16?
iOS 16 beta update will let edit your messages sent whether it was sent via your iPhone or iPad. So, here I elaborate the process for you: within 15 minutes of sending.
- First, you’ve to launch the Message and go onto any message which is showing blue text. This feature won’t be applicable with SMS text messages showing green texts.
- Now, long press on the message. A list of options will appear in the quick action menu that allows you to edit the message.
- Now tap on Edit which allows you to edit, delete, or fix any mistakes in the text.
- Once you’ve finished editing, tap on the blue checkmark button on the right side for saving your editing.
You can only edit a message 5 times within 15 minutes. Moreover, an actionable Edited button will appear behind your edited message. So, the person to whom you send the edited message will be able to see your previous message if they tap on Edited.
How to unsend messages in iOS 16?
Sometimes, when you tap on the emoji button, the tap may occur accidentally on the sent button. In this case, the iOS 16 beta update will allow you to unsend those mistakenly sent messages. For this purpose, follow these steps:
- First, launch the Messages app. Now press and hold down on the message showing blue text that you want to unsend
- A quick action menu will appear. Now tap on the “Undo Send” option from the list.
- As soon as you tap on undo send the message will disappear from both sides and the recipient can’t see the message.
Unlike the editing message feature, this feature will let you unsend a message within 2 minutes only. Moreover, they will see a small message that shows you’ve unsent your message. This feature won’t be applicable if the recipient has already seen the message. Also, if the recipient has an older version of iOS that doesn’t support the iOS 16 update, then the message won’t be unsent for him; even though your phone is showing an unsent message.
I hope that this informative article would be worth reading for you and that you’ve got enough information regarding the iOS 16 update. This update will surely make your iOS much better and more convenient than ever. So, if you haven’t installed this update on your phone then what are you waiting for?
Follow the downloading steps mentioned above and download this latest update to unsend or edit your text messages and enjoy much more astonishing features!
Moreover, if you have any queries then let us know in the comment section below. Thanks for reading!